Postscript popups continue to be a powerful (and compliant) way to collect SMS subscribers. But did you know that in addition to collecting phone numbers, you can also configure your Postscript popup to collect email? And if you have an active Listrak integration, you can send that email data to Listrak.
Before We Begin
It's important to make sure your account is set up to properly pass data from Postscript to Listrak. Please review the following items before getting started.
- In order for data to properly pass from Postscript to Listrak, please ensure the integration is configured correctly.
- Make sure your Postscript popup is set up to collect emails and custom properties. View these guides if you need support updating your desktop popup or mobile popup.
- Ensure you've selected a Listrak list to forward Postscript popup-collected emails to. We discuss this in more detail below.
- Finally, in order for custom properties to be forwarded to Listrak, the Field ID in Listrak needs to be pre-defined. We also discuss this in more detail below.
Forward Emails from Postscript Popups to Listrak Lists
To send custom properties to Listrak subscriber profiles, select a Listrak list for forwarding Postscript popup-collected emails.
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Select the popup that you'd like to forward emails from to Listrak.
- Under the popup name, select the + Add Step/Custom Step tab. When you select + Add Step, you are able to add an additional step for subscribers to enter their email address. You can also use this second step to collect custom properties.
- When collecting emails, you can toggle the Forward to email app option ON and select which list you'd like to forward the collected emails and custom properties to.
Defining Field IDs in Listrak
The corresponding property in Listrak called Field ID needs to be pre-defined before forwarding custom properties. Then, the custom property within Postscript needs to be the exact same as the associated Field ID name within Listrak.
- From your Listrak admin, select Help & Support on the bottom of your left-side navigation panel.
- Select API ID Information. Then find the Field IDs table.
- The ID of each field needs to verbatim what's listed as the subscriber property in Postscript (tip: in this example, we use 469).
Set Up Custom Property Collection in Postscript
Under the Form card within the popup editor, you can customize the questions for your popup.
- Within your popup, you can select Add Question to add a question to your popup. Choose if you'd like subscribers to answer this question via freeform text, multiple choice, or by entering a date.
- Within the first field, craft your question copy (for example: what's your main skin concern? or when is your birthday?).
- If adding a multiple choice option, be sure to add the options. You can add up to four.
- Under Subscriber property, add the field ID that you identified in your Listrak account. In this example, we use "469" (reminder: This subscriber property needs to be verbatim what's listed in Listrak).
- Once your subscriber property is listed the same in Postscript as it is in Listrak, you can save your changes by selecting Save in the upper-right corner of the popup editor.
- When subscribers fill out your popup, their custom property will be sent to Listrak.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at email@example.com or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.