At Postscript, we use credits to determine the cost of each sent message. You can view how many credits you've used and how many are still available in your billing cycle in the top menu of your Postscript dashboard.
Message Types and Credits
Certain messages will cost more than one credit depending on the message type and character count.
|Message Type||Credits||Character Count|
|SMS message||1||Up to 160 plain text characters|
|SMS message with emojis||1||Up to 70 plain text characters and emojis|
|MMS message||3||Up to 1600 characters with text and an image or GIF|
|International SMS||10||Up to 160 plain text characters, or 70 plain text characters and emojis|
Learn more about the impact of emojis and special characters on message credits here.
Sending International Messages
Countries outside of the United States (US) and Canada are considered international. Whether Postscript considers an SMS message international depends on the location of the subscriber, not the store sending the message.
- If you are an Australian store sending to a US or Canada subscriber, the message will cost 1 credit. Here, the subscriber is not international.
- If you are a store in the US or Canada sending a message to an Australian subscriber, the message will cost 10 credits. Here, the subscriber is international because they are outside the US or Canada.
- If you are an Australian store sending to an Australian subscriber, the message will cost 10 credits. Here, the subscriber is international because they are outside the US or Canada.
Due to international carries and rates, we cannot send international MMS messages at this time.
If you find yourself in need of more credits during your current cycle, you always have the option to upgrade your plan. You can view your current plan and additional plan options within the Plan tab of your settings page. Select the gear icon in the top menu to get there.
When you upgrade your plan, new credits are immediately available for use. Postscript only bills you the difference between your former plan and the upgraded plan.
Say you're currently at the $50 plan which gives you 5,000 credits a month. You've sent 4,813 credits worth of messages but have 17 days left in your billing cycle. You can upgrade to the $100 plan with 10,000 credits a month, and two things will happen:
- You'll see an additional 5,000 credits added to your plan, and
- You'll be billed $50, which is the difference between your last plan and your upgraded plan.