Postscript works with Sumo, allowing you to use Sumo popup and forms to collect SMS subscribers and have those subscribers automatically populate in Postscript.
Sumo offers brands a simple way to collect subscribers. While originally built for email, Sumo's form builder provides flexibility that allows you to collect SMS subscribers.
Why You Should Use Sumo
- Sumo offers a variety of engagement opportunities, such as embedded forms, popups, banners, and scroll fox forms.
- Choose designs from their template gallery or build your own form or popup.
- Get insight into subscription rates and conversion with Sumo's analytics.
Create an Opt-In Link in Postscript
- Select Grow List in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard.
- Locate the Share your opt-in link option and select Get Started.
- Choose a keyword from the Choose Keyword drop-down. This will be the keyword triggered when a subscriber opts-in.
- Select Create Page to create your Shopify landing page. This is the landing page that subscribers using a desktop computer will visit via the link to enter their phone number.
- Edit your Mobile opt-in message. This is the message that will auto-populate in the native messaging app of a subscriber's phone when they select the link.
- Select Get Link to get your opt-in short link. Copy this link as you'll need to paste it in Sumo.
Configure Postscript in Sumo
- Select the form you wish to use for collecting subscribers.
- Open the My Goal section in the side panel and select Add a Call to Action.
- Select the Submit (or similar) button in the form or popup design. This opens the Design section in the side panel. Under Click Action, copy your opt-in short link in the URL field.
- Open the Success section in the side panel. In the Redirect user to this URL field, enter your website or the website you wish to redirect subscribers upon opting in.
- Select Update in the bottom-right corner to save your changes.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should now be all set to get started with Sumo!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.