Postscript works with Sumo, allowing you to use Sumo popup and forms to collect SMS subscribers and have those subscribers automatically populate in Postscript.
Sumo offers brands a simple way to collect subscribers. While originally built for email, Sumo's form builder provides flexibility that allows you to collect SMS subscribers.
Why You Should Use Sumo
- Sumo offers a variety of engagement opportunities, such as embedded forms, popups, banners, and scroll fox forms.
- Choose designs from their template gallery or build your own form or popup.
- Get insight into subscription rates and conversion with Sumo's analytics.
Create an Opt-In Link in Postscript
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select List Growth Tools.
- Locate Share your opt-in link and select Get Started to the right of this option.
- Choose a Keyword from the drop-down. We recommend you choose a keyword with a coupon associated with it. Users who opt-in using this link will be logged under this keyword.
- Select Create Page to create a landing page where desktop visitors can enter this phone number. Postscript will provide the necessary compliance language here.
- Proof your Mobile Opt-In Message. When users on a mobile device select your opt-in link, it will launch their native mobile app with this message pre-populated.
- If your keyword is identical to the shop name included in your message, your link creation will error out. Please use a keyword that is not your exact store name.
- Select Get Link to generate the opt-in shortlink. Copy this link or write it down—you'll need to enter it in Sumo later.
Configure Postscript in Sumo
- Select the form you wish to use for collecting subscribers.
- Open the My Goal section in the side panel and select Add a Call to Action.
- Select the Submit (or similar) button in the form or popup design. This opens the Design section in the side panel. Under Click Action, copy your opt-in short link in the URL field.
- Open the Success section in the side panel. In the Redirect user to this URL field, enter your website or the website you wish to redirect subscribers upon opting in.
- Select Update in the bottom-right corner to save your changes.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should now be all set to get started with Sumo!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.