Postscript popups are a compliant and powerful way to convert site visitors to SMS subscribers so you can nurture them with a personalized SMS program throughout the customer lifecycle. By employing a Postscript popup, you can:
- Increase your Acquisition Rate, which in turn, improves your overall Subscriber Lifetime Value and total value of your SMS program.
- Optimize your popup conversions by finding the best combination of popup creatives, timing, images, message copy, and incentives for your brand all through A/B testing.
- Recapture potentially lost revenue by incentivizing subscribers to finish their buying journey with exit-intent popups.
- Power a more personalized SMS experience for all susbcribers by capturing subscriber data in Postscript popups.
In this article, we guide you through how to create different types of popups, then walk you through how to collect custom properties with Postscript popups.
Create a Desktop Popup
To begin crafting your desktop popup, select Acquisition on the left-side navigation panel. Next, select Create in the upper-right corner of the page, then select Desktop from the drop-down options.
- Name. Choose a name that allows you to easily identify this popup from the list of available popups on your main Popups page.
- Phone Collection Step. In the phone collection step and the custom step cards, you can adjust the copy for your pre-headline, headline, post-headline, button, and close button.
- + Add Step/Custom Step. When you select + Add Step, you are able to add an additional step for subscribers to enter their email address. You can also use this second step to collect custom properties.
- When collecting emails, you can toggle the Forward to email app option ON and select which list you'd like to forward the collected emails and custom properties to.
- Form. This section is where you will configure your custom property collection for all steps. We discuss this in more depth below.
- Popup settings. In the Popup settings card, you are able to adjust the style and behavior of your popup for all steps. We'll discuss both in the tab system below:
Collect Custom Properties
Under the Form card within the popup editor, you can customize the questions for your popup. Subscriber responses will be saved as custom properties within a subscriber profile.
- Under Phone question, you can change the placeholder text.
- Under Welcome message, you can craft the message your subscribers will receive once they opt into your SMS program via desktop popup. You can customize this message with photos, gifs, merge tags, coupons, discount links, product links, or a contact card.
- Select Add Question to add a question to your popup. Choose if you'd like subscribers to answer this question via freeform text or multiple choice. Their response will be added to their subscriber profile under Custom Properties.
- Within the Text question or Multiple choice question field, craft your question copy (for example: what's your main skin concern?).
- If adding a multiple choice option, be sure to add the choices. You can add up to four.
- Under Subscriber property, add the property name you are collecting by either creating a new property or selecting an existing property. You can think of the subscriber property as the main subject of the question (for example: if you ask subscribers what their main skin concern is, the subscriber property would be "skin_concern").
- Select the Switch Order button to change the order of questions. For compliance reasons, you cannot change the order of your question and phone input field on the Phone collection step. The phone input will always be the second question listed. On the Custom step, you can switch the order of the questions.
Activate Your Desktop Popup
Once you have designed your desktop popup, it's time to activate it. You can do so from the main popup page or from the specific popup page.
To activate your desktop popup, click the toggle bar under the Enabled column on your popups main page. Alternatively, within the individual popup editor, you can click the toggle bar in the upper-right corner so it is green and reads Active to the left of the toggle bar.
- Just getting started with designing your desktop popup? Check out this tutorial for how to customize your popup font, text size, text color, and more.
- Interested in doing a deep dive of our desktop popup functionality? We've got you covered with this guide!
- Need some inspiration for A/B testing your desktop popups? We've got you covered with this guide.
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.