This integration can be done via Zapier (video).
Get Your Postscript API Key
First, you’ll need to obtain your Postscript API Key.
Navigate to your Postscript account, click on your name in the top-right corner, and choose API.
Then copy the text after the words Legacy API Key or save it somewhere handy. You’ll need it in a bit.
Next, you’ll need to create a keyword in Postscript.
Create a Keyword in Postscript
Now you'll need to create a keyword and keyword reply within Postscript so that you have a way for users to opt-in to your subscriber list. When you installed Postscript, you were given two default keywords that you can use if you want, or instructions here will show you how to create a custom keyword. Remember, custom keywords are not available on the free tier.
- First, click Keywords on the left.
- Next, click Create Keyword, found at the top-right of the screen.
- Name your keyword, decide if you will include a coupon in the reply, and save.
- If you want to edit the reply, click the purple Reply box or if you want to create an automatic reply to this keyword, click Add Action and then create your reply. The Keyword Reply that you create is the text they'll immediately receive upon subscribing via Back in Stock.
With your API Key and Keyword, you’re now ready to set things up in Zapier.
Create a Zap
For your zap, you’ll need the following information:
|Webhook Action Event||POST|
|Authorization||[your API key from above]|
|phone||Subscriber’s phone number|
|keyword||The keyword from above|
|Any JSON object, which can include email, shopify_subscriber_id, and tags that you can use to filter by to create segments or automations in Postscript.|
When creating a new Zap, you first select the event (in this case, a Facebook Lead Ad) and connect Zapier to the app
- Click into Section 2 (Do This), search for "Webhooks," and select Webhooks by Zapier
- Select POST as the action.
- Add the data from above as shown.
- Add to Headers: Authorization | (your API Key; example shown)
- Once you've completed all of the steps "When this happens..." and "Do this..." test your Zap to make sure it is a success. Turn on the Zap, and submit a test lead before pushing ads live to ensure that leads are being passed through.
Update Your Form
In order for you to stay compliant when signing up new subscribers, you’ll want to make sure your form has the following language:
And with that, you’re ready to start collecting subscribers using Postscript + Zapier!