Postscript integrates with Zapier allowing you to share information between the two solutions.
Zapier offers brands an easy-to-use way to automate routine tasks and daily workflows. With Zapier automations, brands get back the time they can use to focus on other tasks.
Why You Should Set Up Zapier
Use Zapier to push subscriber information from ads or other lead-gen tools directly to Postscript.
- Quickly create workflow automations with Zapier's no-code workflow builder.
Create a Postscript API Key
- Select your store name in the top menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select API from the drop-down list.
- In the top-right corner of the API page, select Create Security Key Pair.
- Select Show in the Private Key column to reveal your API key. Copy this key or write it down.
Create a Zap Using Postscript API
Select Your App Event
Your first step in creating a zap is selecting your app event. Your app event is the one you are connecting to Postscript through our API.
Here are some examples:
- A new subscriber in Mailchimp (the event) and creates a new SMS subscriber in Postscript.
- A user completes a Facebook Lead Ad (the event) and creates a new SMS subscriber in Postscript.
Once you select your app event, Zapier walks you through choosing a specific trigger event (i.e., user completes a Facebook Lead ad) and connecting Zapier to that app.
Add a Resulting Action
You'll need information available in our Postscript's API documentation to complete the next step. We outline that information below.
- Select Webhooks as your second App Event.
- For your Action Event, select POST.
- Enter the below information in the corresponding fields:
|phone_number||[Phone number of subscriber from Zapier first step]|
|keyword||[Enter a Postscript keyword. You can always create a new keyword, if desired. This helps you better track and target subscribers from this source.]|
|metadata||[Any JSON object, which can include email, shopify_subscriber_id, and tags that you can use to filter by to create segments or automations in Postscript.]|
|Authorization||Bearer: [Paste the API key you copied from Postscript.]|
Once you're done, select Continue.
We strongly recommend that you test your new zap before publishing it to your target app. This helps you ensure it's working correctly.
Compliance Language Requirements
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors they are opting into SMS messaging from your store. You'll want to make sure you clearly display this language in your lead ads.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
You should be all set to get started with Zapier!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.