Growing your subscriber list is an essential part of a strong SMS strategy, and Postscript offers several creative ways to add SMS list growth opportunities throughout your marketing efforts.
In this article, we are going to introduce growing your list using an opt-in link.
About Opt-In Links
When visitors or customers select the link on desktop, they're taken to a Shopify landing page where they can enter their phone number and complete the SMS opt-in process. On mobile, they will experience a two-touch opt-in.
You can include an opt-in link on your website, in emails, and in social media campaigns. Here are some popular examples:
- Promote a giveaway in an email and link readers to the landing page for entry.
- Direct Instagram or TikTok followers to the opt-in landing page with a swipe-up story.
- Offer time-sensitive discount codes in social advertisements and link to the landing page.
- Use different opt-in links to track the success of different traffic sources.
Create an Opt-In Link
- Select Acquisition in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select List Growth Tools.
- Locate Share your opt-in link and select Get Started to the right of this option.
- Choose a Keyword from the drop-down. We recommend you choose a keyword with a coupon associated with it. Users who opt-in using this link will be logged under this keyword.
- Select Create Page to create a landing page where desktop visitors can enter this phone number. Postscript will provide the necessary compliance language here.
- Set your Mobile Opt-In Message. When users on a mobile device select your opt-in link, it will launch their native mobile app with this message pre-populated. This is called two-touch opt-in.
- If your keyword is identical to the shop name included in your message, your link creation will error out. Please use a keyword that is not your exact store name.
- Select Get Link to generate the opt-in shortlink.
Don't forget to copy your compliance language at the bottom of the page. If you are sharing the link in places where users are most likely on their mobile device (i.e., Instagram), you will need to include this language as they will not be directed to the compliant landing page.
Alternatively, you can always create a dedicated landing page that will ensure identical opt-in experiences for both your mobile and desktop subscribers.
Include Compliance Language
When collecting subscribers, the TCPA requires you to include necessary compliance language that informs visitors that they are opting into SMS messaging from your store.
Here's the TCPA-approved compliance language:
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.