Currently, Shopify stores cannot collect SMS subscribers at checkout. This is because of the limited language customization that Shopify allows on checkout for non-Plus merchants. As such, only Shopify Plus stores can collect subscribers during this process.
Our top priority at Postscript is helping ensure your store's compliance with the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA) guidelines. These guidelines affect all SMS marketing platforms.
As these guidelines change, we will keep you updated on how this affects your checkout process.
Alternatives to Collecting Subscribers at Checkout
- You can continue to collect subscribers compliantly using checkout integrations such as CartHook, ReCharge, or custom checkouts using our Subscriber API.
- Engage your customers through desktop and mobile with keywords and popups. When compared to checkout subscribers, these methods have:
- a 75% higher conversion rate,
- 40% higher lifetime value (LTV), and
- 30%-40% higher click-through rates (CTRs) and earnings per message (EPMs).
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.