By adding a Shop Pay authorization link to your Welcome Series or a campaign message, your brand can be sure to greatly decrease purchasing friction when sending a Text-to-Buy campaign so subscribers are more likely to complete their purchase.
Adding a Shop Pay Authorization Link to a Welcome Series
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Automations.
- Select Create Automations in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Custom Automation.
- Want to use a template? Go for it! You can search for our Welcome Series template in the search field in the top-right corner of the page. The template comes loaded with the correct triggers and a basic message to get you started.
- Give your automation a Name. If you're creating specific Welcome Series for different sources (e.g., a giveaway form, a specific keyword, etc.), you might want to include that in the name.
- Select Subscriber Created (Popup, Keyword, API) from the Automation Trigger drop-down.
- Under Cancellation Trigger, select Yes. Set your cancellation trigger as Checkout Started.
- Why? Once a subscriber starts the checkout process, they move into your abandoned cart automation flow. Creating a cancellation trigger ensures they don't receive too many messages.
- Select Save & Continue to Messages in the bottom-right corner of the page.
- In the Message Editor, select the More dropdown, then select Add Tag.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Shop Pay Link, then select Insert Tag.
- Once you've completed editing your Welcome Series, select Save Automation in the bottom-right corner of the editor.
Adding a Shop Pay Authorization Link to a Campaign
- From your Postscript Dashboard, select Messaging, then select Campaigns.
- Select an open campaign or create a new campaign.
- Add your copy and customize your message, then select the More dropdown. Choose Add Shop Pay Link.
- Once you've drafted your campaign, be sure to save by selecting Save & Continue to Preview in the bottom right of the editor.
- Once your campaign is crafted, select Send Campaign Now to immediately fire off your campaign. Alternatively, select Schedule Campaign to send your campaign at a later date and time.
- Just getting started? Learn how to Set Up Text-to-Buy with Shop Pay.
- Interested in sending your first Text-to-Buy campaign? Get started with Set Up a Text-to-Buy Campaign.
- Interested in setting up a segment that includes or excludes Shop Pay Subscribers? Learn how to Create a Segment of Shop Pay Subscribers.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.
Don’t have a lot of time to put together your SMS marketing plan for BFCM? Check out our 60-minute strategy and checklist for ecommerce brands here.