Note: Text-to-Buy with Shop Pay is currently in beta. If you're interested in joining the beta, reach out to your Customer Success Manager or sign up for the waitlist here.
By adding a Shop Pay authorization link to your Welcome Series or a campaign message, your brand can be sure to greatly decrease purchasing friction when sending a Text-to-Buy campaign so subscribers are more likely to complete their purchase.
Adding a Shop Pay Authorization Link to a Welcome Series
- Select Messaging in the side menu of your Postscript dashboard, then select Automations.
- Select Create Automations in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Custom Automation.
- Want to use a template? Go for it! You can search for our Welcome Series template in the search field in the top-right corner of the page. The template comes loaded with the correct triggers and a basic message to get you started.
- Give your automation a Name. If you're creating specific Welcome Series for different sources (e.g., a giveaway form, a specific keyword, etc.), you might want to include that in the name.
- Select Subscriber Created (Popup, Keyword, API) from the Automation Trigger drop-down.
- Under Cancellation Trigger, select Yes. Set your cancellation trigger as Checkout Started.
- Why? Once a subscriber starts the checkout process, they move into your abandoned cart automation flow. Creating a cancellation trigger ensures they don't receive too many messages.
- Select Save & Continue to Messages in the bottom-right corner of the page.
- In the Message Editor, select the More dropdown, then select Add Tag.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Shop Pay Link, then select Insert Tag.
- Once you've completed editing your Welcome Series, select Save Automation in the bottom-right corner of the editor.
Adding a Shop Pay Authorization Link to a Campaign
- From your Postscript Dashboard, select Messaging, then select Campaigns.
- Select an open campaign or create a new campaign.
- Add your copy and customize your message, then select the More dropdown. Choose Add Shop Pay Link.
- Once you've drafted your campaign, be sure to save by selecting Save & Continue to Preview in the bottom right of the editor.
- Once your campaign is crafted, select Send Campaign Now to immediately fire off your campaign. Alternatively, select Schedule Campaign to send your campaign at a later date and time.
Note: When testing your text-to-buy campaign, you can receive a preview message containing the cart, but you will not be able to simulate the text-to-buy flow via test message.
- Just getting started? Learn how to Set Up Text-to-Buy with Shop Pay.
- Interested in sending your first Text-to-Buy campaign? Get started with Set Up a Text-to-Buy Campaign.
- Interested in setting up a segment that includes or excludes Shop Pay Subscribers? Learn how to Create a Segment of Shop Pay Subscribers.
Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to our wonderful Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat. You can also submit a support request here!
Need ongoing channel strategy guidance? Please fill out this form and we'll connect you to one of our certified partners.