In this article, we'll cover how to set up Postscript to use alongside Alloy! Once you've connected Postscript, you'll be able to sync data from your Shopify, Klaviyo, and other apps into Postscript, and vice versa.
Example use cases include:
- Creating integrated email + SMS campaigns
- Managing SMS messages to subscription customers (i.e. syncing data with ReCharge)
- Tagging SMS subscribers and sending campaigns based on specific triggers
Before adding new subscribers to Postscript, please ensure that you comply with all relevant laws and regulations, such as the TCPA. For more information on SMS compliance, please review Postscript’s Introduction to SMS Compliance.
Integrating Postscript + Alloy
Obtain your Postscript API Key
Navigate to your Postscript account, click on your name in the top-right corner, and choose API.
Then click on Create Security Key Pair
Click the hyperlinked Show text.
Then copy that Private API key to your clipboard to add to Alloy's admin later.
Connect to Alloy
- In Alloy, create a new workflow
- Select Shopify Trigger, or any app you'd like to trigger the workflow. Set up the app.
- Choose Postscript as the second block in your workflow
- Choose any action, such as Add Subscriber
- In the next step, paste your Postscript Private Key into the field then press Validate
- Proceed to the next step and fill in the required fields. Note that if you use keywords, you'll need to go to postscript and create a new keyword you want to use to track opt ins from this source
As always, please reach out to us in chat if you have any additional questions!