This article will walk through a basic popup in JustUno that can pass a phone number into your Postscript account as a subscriber.
Creating your Keyword in Postscript
The first thing we need to do in Postscript is create a keyword and keyword reply so that you have a way for your JustUno popup users to opt into your subscriber list. When you installed Postscript, you were given two default keywords that you can use if you want, or instructions here will show you how to create a custom keyword. Remember, custom keywords are not available on the free tier.
- First, click "Keywords" on the left
- Next, click "Create Keyword", found at the top right of the screen
- Name your keyword, decide if you will include a coupon in the reply, and save
- If you want to edit the reply, click the purple "Reply" box or to create an automatic reply to this keyword, click "Add Action" and then create your reply.
- Follow the instructions below to include this keyword later for new subscribers to trigger
Collecting Phone Numbers With JustUno for Postscript
- Navigate to your JustUno promotion (from design canvas).
- Click the input field then Change Form.
- Click on Connect Provider option
- Click the Connect SMS Provider button & select the Postscript icon
- Request your Postscript API key - You can find your API key on your account page here: https://app.postscript.io/account.
- Enter your API key & keyword (from the first section).
- Double-check that Postscript has successfully integrated - click NEXT.
- Review the form.
- Click Create Form.
- Edit the JustUno promotion as you wish - and you're all finished!
You should also add compliance language to the checkbox. Under "Add Layer", you can choose "Consent Checkbox". There you can add the language needed to remain compliant: I agree to receive recurring automated text messages at the phone number provided. Consent is not a condition to purchase. Msg & data rates may apply. View our Terms of Service for details.
Your popup should now look something like this!
If you have any questions please let us know in the chat. We're here to help!