This article will walk you through a basic popup in OptiMonk that can pass a phone number into your Postscript account as a subscriber.
Creating your Keyword in Postscript
The first thing we need to do in Postscript is create a keyword and keyword reply so that you have a way for your OptiMonk popup users to opt into your subscriber list. When you installed Postscript, you were given two default keywords that you can use if you want, or instructions here will show you how to create a custom keyword. Remember, custom keywords are not available on the free tier.
- First, click "Keywords" on the left
- Next, click "Create Keyword", found at the top right of the screen
- Name your keyword, decide if you will include a coupon in the reply, and save
- If you want to edit the reply, click the purple "Reply" box or to create an automatic reply to this keyword, click "Add Action" and then create your reply.
- Follow the instructions below to include this keyword later for new subscribers to trigger
Collecting Phone Numbers With OptiMonk for Postscript
Navigate to your campaign in OptiMonk.
Then go to Settings.
Go to Integrations.
Click Add New Integration
You'll then choose "Or add a new one"
In the URL field, you'll add the Postscript URL for adding subscribers by API.
Then click DONE.
Input your Postscript API key & setup your matching fields for the integration.
*Visit the /account page to get your API Key!
The Field Value for the KEYWORD will be the keyword that you created in the first step.
Necessary Fields and Identifiers:
Phone Number -> phone
Field Values | Field Identifiers
YOUR_KEYWORD | keyword
YOUR_API_KEY | authorization
Now you can begin collecting subscribers via your OptiMonk form! When someone enters their phone number, they will begin receiving the replies associated with that keyword you chose.
You can test this by submitting the OptiMonk form on your website and filling out the information. At this point, you'll receive SMS confirmation on your phone!
If you have any questions please let us know in the chat. We're here to help!